By Diana Rattray
Southern Food Expert, about.com
A cream cheese pound cake recipe with butter and vanilla.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted before measuring, about 12 1/2 ounces
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and shortening.
- With electric mixer on medium speed, gradually beat in the sugar.
- Beat in cream cheese.
- Add flour, alternating with the eggs, beginning and ending with flour.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 325° for about 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes, until a wooden pick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack to cool completely.