By Diana Rattray
Southern Food Expert, about.com
Pumpkin cheesecake recipe with spiced pumpkin cream cheese filling. Enjoy this wonderful cheesecake as a holiday dessert or make it and freeze sections to serve anytime.
- 2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter, and 1/3 cup granulated sugar. Stir with a fork until blended. Press crumbs into the bottom and up sides of a 10x3-inch round springform pan. Press to within about 1/2-inch of top.
Heat oven to 350°.
In a mixing bowl with electric mixer, beat cream cheese at low speed until smooth. Add brown sugar, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, and remaining ingredients.
Beat until blended. Increase speed to medium and beat for 5 minutes, scraping down sides of bowl from time to time. Pour batter into the prepared pan; bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven and leave cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cover and refrigerator. When ready to serve, carefully remove sides of pan.