After baking, this creamy vanilla cheesecake on a vanilla wafer crust gets a second layer of cream cheese with whipped topping and more vanilla for an elegant, special occasion dessert.
"After baking, this creamy vanilla cheesecake on a vanilla wafer crust gets a second layer of cream cheese with whipped topping and more vanilla for an elegant, special occasion dessert."
6 h 15 m, 16 servings, 331 cals
Prep- 20 m
Ready In- 6 h 15 m
40 NILLA Wafers, crushed
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
4 (8 ounce) packages PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened, divided
1 cup sugar, divided
4 teaspoons vanilla, divided
1 (8 ounce) tub COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Mix wafer crumbs and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat 3 pkg. cream cheese, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 Tbsp. vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 50 to 55 min. or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely in pan.
- Beat remaining cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer in large bowl until well blended. Whisk in COOL WHIP; spread over cheesecake. Refrigerate 4 hours. Remove rim of pan before serving cheesecake.
Need a sweet treat to serve a crowd? Try this rich, creamy dessert! Since it serves 16 people, it easily fits the bill.
Vanilla Bean Mousse Cheesecake:
Prepare recipe as directed, using a vanilla bean and reducing vanilla extract to 2 tsp. Use sharp knife to gently split 1 vanilla bean pod lengthwise in half, then scrape seeds into cheesecake batter. Add 1 tsp. vanilla extract to the batter and use remaining extract to flavor cheesecake topping as directed.