While cake is cooling make frosting by creaming together the butter and cream cheese.
This pink cake with mashed sweetened strawberries and strawberry jello just tastes like anytime. Let me tell you, the result was amazing!! It had a moist and cool cake layer filled with Jell-o. It was topped off with a delicious cream cheese cool whip frosting with fresh strawberries on top.[post_ads_2]
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25-30 minutes (may take longer; until a toothpick comes out clean)
- Difficulty Rating: Easy
- 16 oz. container strawberries (rinsed and with tops cut off)
- 1 package white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup oil
- 3 oz. strawberry gelatin dessert (JELL-O)
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup strawberry puree
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Begin by adding your strawberries to a blender or food process and blending. Reserve 1 cup of pureed strawberries plus an additional ¼ cup for the frosting.
- Mix cake mix, eggs, and oil in a large bowl until well combined. Add JELL-O and 1 cup strawberry puree. Mix well.
- Pour into a greased 9x13 pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cake cool.
- While cake is cooling make frosting by creaming together the butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla, powdered sugar and strawberry puree. Frost cake. ENJOY!