Serve and enjoy the Fresh Fruit Cake Recipe Dessert
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vinegar/lemon juice
- 50ml milk
- fresh fruits – strawberries, cantaloupe, kiwi fruit
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
Directions for sponge cake:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Sift the cake flour together with the baking powder twice to airate the flour. Separate the egg yolk from the white and put in two different bowls. In the bowl with the egg white, add the cream of tartar and vinegar and beat until thicken. Add 1/4 cup of sugar and beat further until the mixture shines.
2. In another bowl, beat the egg yolk with the remainder 1/4 cup of sugar until the sugar dissolve. Add milk and vegetable oil into the egg yolk mixture and stir to mix well. Gently fold in the cake flour mixture into the egg yolk mixture.Gently fold in 1/3 of the egg yolk flour mixture into the egg white until blend. Repeat with the remainder of the egg yolk in 1/3 portions.
3.Pour the mixture into g greased or parchment paper lined 8″ circular cake pan for the Fresh Fruit Cake or 10″x15″ jelly roll pan for the swiss roll.Bake the cake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes for the circular cake pan or 16 minutes for the jelly roll pan.Remove the oven and invert the cake on a parchment paper to cool. It is very important to let the cake to cool completely before frosting.
How to assemble fresh fruit cake:
1. Cut fruits into thin slices then beat the whipping cream and the icing sugar together until thicken. Cut the circular cake into three layers. Spread the whipping cream on the surface of the bottom layer and top with strawberries ices (or your desired fruit). Spread whipping cream on a second layer and place it on top of the first layer.
2. Top the second layer with slices of cantaloupe. Spread whipping cream on the last layer and place it on top of the second layer. Spread whipping cream on the sides of the cake.
3. Decorate the top of the cake with more nicely cut slices of fruit. Place the cake in the refrigerator for at least half and hour before serving.
More From Dessert Addict: